Direct Response VS On-Line Brochure Style Websites!
Most websites you see are what I call “On-Line Brochure” websites and they’re based on the “Branding or Image Style” marketing model.
Most are filled with empty and meaningless boasts all through them.
- “Quality Assured!” (How many times have you heard that?)
- “We Are The Biggest!” or “I Provide Great Service!” (Whatever!)
- “I Care About Your Business!” (I hope so!)
And the owners wonder why they don’t get a result…
What’s wrong with slogans like these? Several things….
- Everyone is saying much the same thing – the “so what” factor, there are no benefits for the prospect (What’s in it for them?
- they don’t make a specific offer or call to action
- they’re not measurable or trackable
These “Corporate Style” websites don’t make the phone ring and they don’t make any money!
Why? Well, to begin with “quality”, “integrity” and “service” are all too broad and vague to carry any real meaning and power. Everyone is saying the same old thing.
Think about the ad overload that you suffer every day. Do you process all these advertisements? Of course not. It’s called Tuning-out… Ignoring. The fact of the matter is… You can’t make anyone read what they’re NOT interested in. It’s that simple.
People don’t want to be sold to. But, they do want to be helped. Successful marketers understand that they must concentrate on a prospects needs and wants. What keeps them awake at night? What’s their pain or problem?
This is where the Direct Response part comes into play.
With effective direct response marketing, you offer people what they are dying to know and then they contact you to get it. Done properly, this can totally eliminate cold call prospecting by providing incentives for qualified prospects to contact you of their own choosing.
Here’s the big thing. It’s measurable.
- The “On-Line Brochure” website just sits there with the owner hoping that someone will find their website and then call them. Well good luck with that!
- A “Direct Response Style” website is designed that you can run specific marketing pieces and get exact and precise results. This means it is directly measurable for all results with all your marketing.
All results should be directly measurable, always, end of story.
“A Footnote on Branding!”
Branding is fine BUT… “Branding should only come as a consequence of your direct response marketing.”
That means that it is still directly measurable. You know exactly what result you’re having as a result of your marketing and website.
I disagree with some Direct Response Marketing experts that say “Don’t bother with brand or image marketing”. Creating a “Brand” or “Image” awareness is fine but as long as it’s not the primary purpose of the marketing piece and is, as I said, a consequence of your marketing then branding is good.
ALL advertising, marketing and results should be directly measurable – all the time, everytime.
In the next e-lesson let’s get straight to the money – “How To Get More Leads”.
If you want to jump ahead to the next e-lesson then click here.
If you want to cut straight to the “17 Point Marketing & Website Prosperity Health Check” to check your status you can do that that here, this is valued at a very real $385 and is Absolutely FREE for a Limited Time. So, if you’re up for a dose of brutal reality – “Let’s cut to it Peter and show me the “gaps” in my marketing funnel and give it to me straight. “Click Here NOW!“